494 total views, 1 views today
I was invited out to the great state of Missouri to speak at the NAIC Technology Exchange conference. I delivered two topics: The Future of the Internal Service Provider and Everything I Ever Learned About Management, I Learned from the Movies.
It was great to be home and see my parents while traveling and speaking at events.
Everything I Ever Learned About Management I Learned from the Movies (Keynote)
Motivation is more than just a feeling. Managers have to create the right work environment that inspires leadership, motivation, and satisfaction. In this session, we explore vital motivational tactics in the workplace through lessons learned from the movies. From short movie clips, you will explore key motivational tactics and change the way you view difficult situations. Develop leaders, not followers. Create a workplace where everyone wants to work and enjoys serving your customers.
The Future of the IT Service Provider: Key Social and Technology Advancements and How They Impact the IT Service Provider (Keynote)
With the integration of IT and the Business, the IT Service Provider can lead the way to social and business change. IT services are integral to the success of the company, and the IT service provider must be on top of aligning IT priorities to the needs of the business. This presentation doesn’t predict the future but instead looks at trends, issues facing the IT organization that must be addressed. If you have heard of Moore’s law, it is time you heard of Mohr’s law. Now is the time for change!
In this session we will better understand:
- What skills will the service provider need to sustain IT-Business integration?
- How will knowledge management advance the way that we interface with our customers?
- Will social networking change how we build and sustain a relationship with end users?
- What is the impact of social networking, Enterprise 2.0, Wave 4 of Mobile Computing?
- Why is service mapping so important to value delivery?
- How will Green IT impact the way we do business?
- How can we better leverage Business Analytics to improve business-IT integration, and
- How this will impact the future of the service provider?